Foucachon Family Blog         

The Blog of Daniel and Lydia Foucachon
Bienvenue!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Moscow, Idaho, United States

Hi! My name is Daniel Foucachon. I am American and French, and currently reside in Moscow, Idaho, with my wonderful wife Lydia, and my 4 kids Edmund, William, Margaux, and Ethan. I am the founder of Roman Roads Media, a publishing company creating video courses geared towards high school aged homeschoolers.

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Orchestre Nationale de Lyon

We attended a concert from the Orchestre National de Lyon last night, directed by Jun Märkl. The music was by Haydn, Sains-Saëns, and Bartók. The first violinist was a girl named Julia Fischer, (only 21) who has been playing in Europe, Japan, and the US. She started playing at only four years old! She was playing on a Stradivarius from 1716 called "le Booth". It was absolutely beautiful! Unfortunantly, we missed the first part because we had gotten stuck in traffic, but we were there for the next two parts, which I think were the best anyway.

Labels: , ,